Purchase the recorded version NOW and receive 365 days of unlimited access!
2 hours continuing education credit
AOTA Approved Provider
This event is approved for continuing education credit for occupational therapists ONLY.
This two hour webinar will discuss effective distal radius fracture management. It will outline intrinsic and extrinsic anatomical considerations, early activation of the wrist extensors and the need to consider ulnar-sided soft tissue involvement. Case studies will be integrated to highlight the value of anatomical nuance, treatment and the keys to the restoration of wrist and upper extremity function.
1. Discuss distal radius fracture management and anatomical considerations.
2. Discuss distal radius fracture management and the importance of early activation of wrist extensors.
3. Explore the functional importance of restoring length and activation of the intrinsic and extrinsic muscles of the hand.
4. Detail the anatomy, presentation and treatment of ulnar-sided soft tissue involvement following distal radius fractures.
5. Outline, both distal and proximal, strength strategies on the path to restoring upper extremity function following distal radius fracture with ulnar-sided wrist involvement.
Entire 2hr Zoom presentation will be led by Mike Cricchio, MBA, OT/L, CHT