The Hand and Upper Extremity Clinical Workshop: A Novel, Collaborative, Study of Clinical Tools Designed to Advance the Management of Complex Shoulder Pathologies, Challenging Orthotic Cases, Graston Technique for Soft Tissue Mobilization and Complicated Hand Anatomy.
Booking Link: https://www.hilton.com/
en/book/reservation/deeplink/? ctyhocn=SRQESES&groupCode= CESTET&arrivaldate=2023-12-07& departuredate=2023-12-09&cid= OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN, DirectLink&fromId= HILTONLINKDIRECTPlease note that all reservations must be made by November 7, 2023.
- Free made-to-order, restaurant-style, breakfast ($25+ daily value)
- Complimentary Evening Reception daily featuring 2 complimentary drinks and afternoon snacks
- Complimentary Embassy Suites Shuttle within a 3-minus radius of hotel, based on availability
- 24/7 windowed, spacious fitness center on the 6th floor
- 6th Floor pool and balcony
- All hotel rooms are Suites (save money; share with a friend/colleague)
- Complimentary BayRunner Shuttle (downtown Sarasota, St. Armands Circle and Lido Beach)
- 2 hour Complimentary Bicycles–enjoy a relaxing ride to the beach, downtown or to the bay
- 10 minutes from the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport
Nearby Hotels worth considering (all within 8-10 min of the conference at the Embassy Suites Sarasota–$10-15 UBER/Cab ride):
Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota Airport: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/srqathx-hampton-suites-sarasota-bradenton-airport/?SEO_id=GMB-AMER-HX-SRQATHX&y_source=1_MjA4NTM0My03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24ud2Vic2l0ZQ%3D%3D
Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/sarasota/srqap/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-HI-_-US-_-SRQAP
Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota Airport: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/srqnbgi-hilton-garden-inn-sarasota-bradenton-airport/?SEO_id=GMB-AMER-GI-SRQNBGI&y_source=1_MjA4NTExNi03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24ud2Vic2l0ZQ%3D%3D
Continuing Education Credits: LIVE (in-person) 22 contact hours (2.2 CEU’s); over 2.5 day period. Zoom(LIVE) 4 contact hours (.4CEU’s) over 4 hour period. Occupational Therapy continuing education credit only.
LIVE Registration Fee: $495.00 LIVE (in-person) limited to 40 registrants. All LIVE (in-person) registrant will receive the recording of the 4 hour presentation segment of the event for no additional charge. Group discount available (for groups of two or more). Please contact Mike Cricchio directly at 307-413-8704 or email@example.com
As part of your registration, we are offering a FREE Graston Course, (valued at $695), taught by a Graston instructor on the best ways to diagnose and use Graston Instruments for various injuries.
Zoom Registration Fee: $85.00 Zoom (LIVE); 4 hour recorded version available following the event for $85.00. All LIVE (Zoom) registrant will receive the recording of the 4 hour presentation segment of the event for no additional charge.
This course is ideal for therapists who are preparing for the CHT Exam or who are pursuing a study of the upper extremity. The course will advance understanding of a intrinsic anatomy, pathology and flexor tendon management while expanding your clinical reasoning via case study analysis regardless of your level of experience.
Level: Intermediate—the content presented is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter. http://www.ueapplications.com
Course Description: A hand and upper extremity workshop aimed at building novel clinical, teamwork and presentation skills through the integration of content expert led workshops. Each, rotating four-hour, workshop will comprise 10 therapists. Within each workshop, each therapist will be assigned a specific role in the production of a 60 minute PowerPoint instructional presentation. On the final day of the conference, each group will present their work to a LIVE Zoom audience of unlimited attendees. This workshop offers a matchless opportunity to build novel clinical, teamwork and presentation skills within a relaxed supportive team environment.
Learning Outcomes Assessment Methods: The learner will be provided with verbal, written and video instruction on key principles and techniques in which to build, create and produce a 60 minute group Power Point presentation. The learner will demonstrate their individual and collective understanding of the discussed topics presented in each session via the production and presentation of their group 60 minute presentation. The learner will be required to utilize a multitude of clinical and behavioral skills in this novel learning and prevention environment. These clinical and behavioral skills will be further assessed with a written post-session learning assessment.
The learner will:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and use a novel shoulder electronic muscle stimulation system during active rehab for the following types of conditions: scapular dyskinesis, posterior shoulder instability, rehab for total or reverse total shoulder arthroplasty, and rotator cuff pathology.
- Demonstrate the ability to clinically explain the rationale and evidence supporting the use of an innovative wearable electro stimulator created for patients suffering from unbalanced muscle activation in the shoulder.
- Be able to identify and demonstrate verbal and written rationale for upper extremity soft tissue mobilization using instrument assisted tools.
- Be able to clinically explain the evidence supporting the integration of soft tissue mobilization using instrument assisted tools in the progression of select upper extremity pathologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to individually and collectively problem-solve appropriate orthotic design using key foundation orthotic principles and skills requisite in the fabrication challenging orthotics .
- Apply the principles of orthotic design and fabrication through the use delta casting.
- Make decisions and judgments relating to their understanding of intrinsic anatomy and relational anatomy of the hand within the context diagnostic and case specific scenarios.
- Make judgments regarding the difference and value of studying the intrinsics and extrinsics of the hand via various educational modes and media.
- Participate in a new pattern of colleague networking in which the integration of the technique ‘Swarm Intelligence’ will be used to delivery an individual and collective experience culminated in a professional team presentation.
- Facilitator: ensures all registrants work work in respective roles
- Project Manager: ensures all facets of the power point production and presentation are seamless and professional
- Content Editor: ensures power point presentation content is grammatically correct and free of spelling errors
- Media Editor: ensures power point layouts are visually appealing, free of distractation and that all images, videos, links are formatted correctly and in working order
- Researcher #1: ensures the power point presentation is reflective of the content-experts presentation, advise and demonstrated expertise
- Researcher #2: ensures citation throughout the power point presentation, proper reference slides, and integrates 3-5 additional references beyond the in-person expert
- Videographer #1: takes photos, gathers images, and inserts images into the power point to support the content of the presentation
- Videographer #2: takes videos, gathers video, and inserts video into the power point to support the content of the presentation
- Presenter # 1: prepare to present to a LIVE Zoom audience, and LIVE in-person audience, presents the first half of the power point presentation on the final morning of the conference
- Presenter #2: prepare to present to a LIVE Zoom audience, and LIVE in-person audience, presents the second half of the power point presentation on the final morning of the conference
- 4 Concomitant/Rotating 4 hour Workshops
- 40 participants (4 groups of 10/workshop)
- Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D
- Each group of 10 will be led by a content expert representing a specific clinical product and/or skill set.
- Each group of ten participants will produce a 60 minute powerpoint instructional presentation. On the final day of the conference, each group will present their work to a LIVE Zoom audience of unlimited attendees.
- Build Resume/CV
- Advance professional relationships with colleagues from across the county through the production and presentation of a peer-produced Power Point product
- Receive national recognition via a nationally presented Zoom presentation
- Develop personal presentation skills and professionalism related to the spectrum of skills requisite to produce and present professionally
- Build professional friendships/relationships
- In a small group setting, learn directly from content experts
- Actively employ the principle: See one, Do One, Teach One
Sampling of Content Expert Presenters: Mike Cricchio, MBA, OT/L, CHT; Ann Porretto-Loehrke PT, DPT, CHT, COMT, CMTPT, Ashli Linkhorn CCEP, CCSP, PES/CES–NASM Graston Technique Specialist; Carl Lindsey Orthopaedic National Trainer, BSHM, OTC, COF, CWCMS; Sean Murphy (additional content experts and bio’s to follow)
Preliminary Program (LIVE (in-person) 22 continuing education credits)
The Hand and Upper Extremity Clinical Workshop: A Novel, Collaborative, Study of Clinical Tools Designed to Advance the Management of Complex Shoulder Pathologies, Challenging Orthotic Cases, Gaston Technique for Soft Tissue Mobilization and Complicated Hand Anatomy.
Thursday, December 7th 2023
|Day #1 (9 contact hrs)||Session #1
|(Group A)||(Group B)||(Group C)||(Group D)|
|(Group B)||(Group C)||(Group D)||(Group A)|
Friday, December 8th 2023
|Day #2 (8 contact hours)||Session #1||Session #2||Session #3||Session #4|
|(Group C)||(Group D)||(Group A)||(Group B)|
|(Group D)||(Group A)||(Group B)||(Group C)|
Saturday, December 9th 2023
|Day #3 (5 contact hours)|
|All Groups||All Groups||All Groups||All Groups|
|Zoom LIVE Presentations
Why Attend: The Teton Hand and Upper Extremity Conference Series, LLC has been providing professional education for occupational and physical therapists for twenty years. We specialize in the study of anatomy and treatment of upper extremity pathology utilizing an innovative learning model that couples intense education with outdoor recreation. We recognize the changing and challenging healthcare environment and strive to provide professional education that emboldens the therapist with a foundational knowledge of anatomy, clinical reasoning, and problem-solving requisite for evidence-based practice and patient-centered clinical decisions.
Additionally, The Hand and Upper Extremity Clinical Workshop, presents a peerless opportunity for the ambitious therapist to work alongside like-minded colleagues in the preparation and presentation of collective clinical product–the Power Point Zoom presentation. Said differently, The Hand and Upper Extremity Clinical Workshop is the first conference, of its kind, to afford participants the opportunity to build, create, and produce a Power Point presentation within a 4 hour (content-expert lead) group session. It is the first conference, of its kind, to afford participants the opportunity to further present their collective work to a LIVE Zoom audience of peers. For the therapist who is interested in actively developing clinical thought, organization, creativity, teamwork, reasoning, and presentation skill while receiving continuing education credits and content-expert lead instruction–this is the course for you!
Destination Sarasota: https://www.visitsarasota.com
Free Trolley: Downtown Sarasota to St. Armands Circle and Lido Beach (runs from early morning to late in evening): https://sarasotabayrunner.com
St. Armands Circle: https://www.mustdo.com/fl/sarasota-gulf-islands-venice-bradenton/shopping/st-armands-circle/
Personal Favorites along Bay Runner Trolley Route (all within walking/Trolley distance from the hotel):
- The Green Zebra Cafe(excellent for breakfast of lunch): https://www.greenzebracafe.com
- Venezia: Clasico: https://www.clasicosrq.com
- Hype Park Rime Steakhouse: https://www.hydeparkrestaurants.com/location/sarasota/
- 1592: https://1592srq.com/
- Saturday morning Sarasota Farmers Market (8am-1pm)
- Whole Foods Market
General Listing: https://www.opentable.com/features/fun-restaurants-sarasota-fl
Sarasota-Bradenton Airport (approximately 8 minutes to the conference hotel: Embassy Suites Sarasota):
Non-Stop Flights: https://flysrq.com/nonstop-destinations
Ground Transportation: https://flysrq.com/ground-transportation
Car Rental: https://flysrq.com/car-rentals
Cancellation Policy: (attendee) Written requests for refunds received by Wednesday, November 1st 2023 will be granted. All funds, minus a $100 processing fee, will be returned to the registrant. No refunds will be issued for missed events, including sessions missed due to personal reasons. Hotel reservations must be made and cancelled through the host hotel. After Wednesday, November 1st 2023, no refunds will be granted for any reason.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: (provider) In the event the Teton Hand and Upper Extremity Conference Series, LLC has to cancel the noted scheduled event. The Teton Hand conference will refund conference registration at 100%.
Disclosure: The Teton Hand and Upper Extremity Conference Series, LLC has financial interest, along with UF innovate, in the sale of the Dell Hand. This conference is designed for educational purposes and the Dell Hand will not be promoted beyond its educational design. As the inventor of The Dell Hand and owner of The Teton Hand and Upper Extremity Conference Series, LLC, Mike Cricchio also has a non-finanicial professional relationship that might present a bias.
Special Need Requests: The Teton Hand and Upper Extremity Conference Series, LLC will create a learning environment will accommodate teaching strategies for, and the environmental comfort of, the learner in a supportive and non-threatening atmosphere, as well as the accessibility needs of learners with disabilities.
The Teton Hand and Upper Extremity Conference Series, LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID#6280. This LIVE (in-person) is offered at 2.2 CEUs, Intermediate level, OT service delivery. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. This course is approved for occupational therapy continuing education only.