The Shoulder and Elbow: A Study of Common Diagnoses and Associated Anatomy
Saturday, January 28th 2023
Orlando | Florida
Embassy Suites International Drive Convention Center
8978 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32819
Book your room TODAY…limited room block!
(Limited Teton Hand Conference Room blocks available at a rate of $154.00 plus tax/fees)
9 Continuing Education Credits
This course is ideal for occupational therapists who are interested in advancing their understanding of shoulder and elbow anatomy, biomechanics and evidence-based treatment. The content is applicable for those preparing for the CHT Exam as well as those pursuing a study of the upper extremity. This course will expand your clinical reasoning via case study analysis regardless of your level of experience.
- Study and discuss the management of common shoulder and elbow pathologies.
- Study and discuss the establishment of shoulder and elbow differential diagnosing and associated treatment.
- Present a detailed study of the anatomy of the shoulder and elbow.
- Suggest evidence-based rationale for the clinical treatment of common shoulder and elbow diagnoses.
- Utilize case study analysis to illustrate the anatomy, evaluation, treatment, and progression of common shoulder and elbow diagnoses.
(Course limited to the first 40 registrants)
Mike Cricchio, MBA, OT/L, CHT
The Teton Hand and Upper Extremity Conference Series, LLC has been providing professional education for occupational and physical therapists for twenty years. We specialize in the study of anatomy and treatment of upper extremity pathology utilizing an innovative learning model that couples intense education with outdoor recreation.
We recognize the changing and challenging healthcare environment and strive to provide professional education that emboldens the therapist with a foundational knowledge of anatomy, clinical reasoning, and problem-solving requisite for evidence-based practice and patient-centered clinical decisions.
5 reasons to join us in Orlando!
- 20 years of providing exceptional education of the upper extremity.
- Matchless educational format–case study format mirrors clinical problem-solving.
- An intimate, welcoming conference setting conducive to audience participation, peer exchange, and peerless education.
- Destination location, limitless recreation/entertainment for all ages.
- “Whether you’re a theme park enthusiast, bird watcher, foodie, water sports fanatic, sun worshipper, arts patron, serious shopper or anything in between, you’re always welcome here. The possibilities are endless. And wonder is always within reach. It’s the getaway you deserve — and you’ll only find it in Orlando.”
Saturday, January 28th
(9 continuing education credits)
(Presentation format: didactic and case discussion)
If you are staying at the Embassy Suites breakfast is provided as part of your stay. If you are not staying the at the Embassy Suites, breakfast can be purchased. A separate breakfast will not be provided by the conference.
8:00-9:00am: Anatomy of the Brachial Plexus: A Study Using Line and Relational Drawings
9:00-10:30am: Scapular Pathomechanics and Instability: Key Principles to Effective Management of Shoulder Impingement and Rotator Cuff Pathology
10:45-12:00pm: Total and Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
We invite all attendees to visit local eating establishments, within walking distance from the hotel, on International Drive. Lunch will not provided by the conference.
1:30-2:30pm: Humeral Shaft Fractures: Radial Nerve Considerations & Case Oriented Custom Fabrication of Humeral Sarmiento Fracture Brace– A Video Orthotic Lab
2:30-3:45pm: Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Elbow and Clinical Cases
4:00-4:45pm: Upper Extremity Kinetic Chain Case Considerations in Athletes and Workers
4:45-5:45pm Soft Tissue Mobilization and Treatment Considerations of the Elbow