Zone II Flexor Digitorum Profundus Tendon Injuries and Paradoxical Extension: A Discussion Regarding a Potential ‘Spectrum’ of Paradoxical Extension
Thursday, January 19th 2023
Online Zoom | Recorded version available
1hr and 45 minutes didactic prevention; 15 minutes of questions & answers
2 Continuing Education Credits
Mike Cricchio, MBA, OT/L, CHT
Course Description: This two hour course will discuss the potential of a spectrum of paradoxical extension following Zone II flexor digitorum profundus tendon injuries. It will outline the normal and pathological anatomy surrounding flexor digitorum profundus injuries and the complications that are associated with achieving full active digital flexion and extension.
The learner will:
- Review the normal anatomy surrounding Zone II flexor Digitorum profundus tendon Injuries.
- Define and outline the etiology paradoxical extension.
- Describe the normal relationship between the flexor digitorum profundus tendon and the lumbrical muscle.
- Outline the modulating and proprioceptive role of the lumbrical muscle in relation to the flexor digitorum profundus muscle.
- Discuss the potential of a spectrum of paradoxical extension following Zone II flexor digitorum profundus tendon injuries
Please contact Mike Cricchio, MBA, OT/L, CHT with questions @ criccm @gmail.com