Flexor Tendon Management: Evidence & Cases
Thursday, January 13th 2022
LIVE| via Zoom
2 Continuing Education Credits
This two-hour course will detail the management of flexor digitorum profundus and flexor superficialis tendon injuries zone by zone. The phases of tendon healing will serve as the foundation of decision-making as critical anatomical structures, and external factors are considered in the selection of a rehabilitation protocol.
- Review the anatomy of the flexor digitorum profundus and flexor superficialis tendons from origin to insertion and describe the function and zone classification of each.
- Identify structural and anatomical considerations of each flexor tendon zone.
- Outline the phases of tendon healing following repair.
- Discuss the anatomical and biomechanical importance of the flexor pulley system.
- Outline critical areas of assessment following flexor tendon injury or surgery.
- Establish a basic understanding of surgical techniques used to repair tendons in regards to suture technique, placement, and strength.
- Detail the rationale for common flexor tendon rehabilitation protocols.
Purchase this LIVE event NOW and receive unlimited video access for an unlimited period to the Flexor Tendon Management: Evidence & Cases two-hour presentation!
If you have not done so, take a minute and register to become a member of the UE | Applications community to ensure easy access to all purchased videos via the “My Account” page of the website.
2 hours continuing education credit
AOTA Approved Provider
This event is approved for continuing education credit for occupational therapists ONLY.
The entire two-hour Zoom presentation will be led by Mike Cricchio, MBA, OT/L, CHT
There are no reviews yet.